TOUGH START FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TOUGH START FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team had a testing start to the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill today with James Ellison and Josh Waters ending the opening two free practice sessions in sixteenth and twentieth respectively.

The sessions took place in dry condition and both Ellison and Waters continued to push for improvement throughout free practice sessions, but the 1.27-mile circuit proved to be a challenge with the Milwaukee Yamaha team now looking to making big steps forward tomorrow.

Ellison said:

“We have obviously had a few problems today; they are little things here and there which at this track make the difference. At the other circuits we have been able to roll straight out and be somewhere closer to where we need to be, but today that just hasn’t happened. I have been really struggling for feel and also been rushing into the corners and then running out of room which has cost me time. I usually carry a lot of corner speed and so maybe we need to try something a bit different tomorrow. We have made some good changes throughout the day though and we know what we need to focus on to make improvements.”

Waters said:

“It has been a really tough day today; I knew this would be a track where the smallest areas make a big difference, but this is not where we need to be. We have made some changes but at the moment we are still looking through the data to see where we can make the big steps forward we need for tomorrow and qualifying. The team will work hard together I am sure and we will see what we can come up with to try and turn this around tomorrow.”

15-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply