Yamaha wrap up Spanish visit with successful test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha wrap up Spanish visit with successful test
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Following reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo’s stunning victory in Barcelona at the weekend the Yamaha Factory Racing Team has concluded two days of successful testing.

The Monday test at the Catalunya circuit immediately following the race was followed by a move to Aragon by the Team and a further day of testing on Wednesday. Riders Lorenzo and Rossi worked through a number of set up changes along with the testing of a new Bridgestone tyre.

Lorenzo was pleased to have improved his set up for the Aragon track, a key step towards a potential win at this year’s Grand Prix and ended the day as the fastest rider, nearly four tenths clear of rival Marc Marquez.

"Compared to normal I’ve been stronger today," said Lorenzo. "At this track normally I suffer many problems in setting up the bike and getting the bike to work like in other tracks. This time from the beginning I have been very competitive with a lot of confidence. Also I think I am in very good shape so I have taken profit of it. I could also test a new tyre to put myself in a qualifying situation and I did a very good lap time. We are just testing very little things but it is better than nothing."

[Image: rossicatalunya2013.jpg]

Nine-time champion Rossi was pleased to have made a significant step forward in control under heavy braking as well as improved set up for the Aragon circuit. The Italian ended the day in fourth, just under a second from first position.

"First of all we modified a bit the setting and also the front fork and now I feel more confident in braking, I can brake deeper and stop the bike in a better way," explained the Italian. "For me this is the biggest improvement. After this we tried the swing arm like Jorge has it, a little bit more stiff which I like. We tried some other small things; at the end we made a good package that gives me a really good feeling, especially in braking. I’m so happy because until today I didn’t have this feeling in braking, I am always in a bit of trouble. I can’t wait for Assen to understand if this is also improved at other tracks. It is important for the qualification lap because you have to push more in braking. This result is especially important here in Aragon as this is not one of my best tracks. I have not made great races here yet but the pace today and the lap times at the end make me very happy."

21-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Website Find Reply