KRT Superbike Duo Head To Imola For Round Seven
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
KRT Superbike Duo Head To Imola For Round Seven
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Kawasaki Racing Team riders Tom Sykes and Loris Baz enter the seventh round of the SBK championship in confident mood after finding even more improvements in testing with their Ninja ZX-10R machines.

A two-day test session at Motorland Aragon, shortly after the most recent race of the season at Portimao, showed both riders that there are still untapped areas of potential in their machines' capabilities and overall race set-up.

With both Tom and Loris already operating in the upper echelons of the championship table, with Sykes second and Baz sixth, Imola is a definite opportunity for each rider to narrow the points gap and aim for silverware in the process.

Sykes has already shown that Imola is a circuit he can race well at, having scored second in both races at the Italian city centre venue in 2012 while riding his Ninja ZX-10R for the official team. On the back of a podium finish and a no-score at the previous Portimao race, Sykes is keen to get back into action to push for more race wins to add to his total of three in the season so far.

Baz is also ready for the challenge of Imola, as he aims to got on the podium once again in 2013, which is in effect his first full season of competition at full SBK level. He rode for the KRT team for half of last year and this year he has been not only fast but consistently so, as he frequently finds himself reaching his and his team’s target of top five places or better.

Federico Sandi (Kawasaki Team Pedercini) and Sweden’s Alex Lundh (Kawasaki Team Pedercini) will be in action once again, at what is a home round for their team and for Sandi.

The Superstock 1000 FIM Cup Jeremy Guarnoni (MRS Kawasaki), Lorenzo Savadori (Team Pedercini Kawasaki), Romain Lanusse (MRS Kawasaki) and Leandro Mercado (Team Pedercini Kawasaki) are just some of the top riders who will once more use Ninja ZX-10R power to take on all comers in this exciting category of racing.

[Image: tomsykespreimola.jpg]

Tom Sykes:

“Imola is a track where even on the older model of Ninja ZX-10R I was competitive. Last year the bike was working great and even though we used a harder tyre than race winner Carlos Checa we pushed him quite a lot. We all have many reasons to have memories of Imola, partly because we have had good results there in the past, but also because my previous team-mate Joan Lascorz suffered a serious injury there last year. I met him at a recent test and it was very nice to see him again. Overall Imola is a circuit I hope we can be strong at once again. I think the riders that have been battling at the front so far for most of this year will be battling it out at Imola again.”

Loris Baz:

“I have been training to be ready for Imola and I think we have done a good job since the beginning of the year. We are always fighting for the top five. I want to be in this position again but be a bit closer to the front, with the front group. I am not exactly sure how many more improvements we made in our bike in a recent Aragon test, but there were definitely some good improvements. I will try to fight for the podium in this race but if it is not possible then I will try to stay inside the top five, which is always our target.”

25-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Website Find Reply