Pedrosa, Marquez braced for tricky conditions
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pedrosa, Marquez braced for tricky conditions
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

Repsol Honda Team’s Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez are well aware that inclement weather conditions could throw a number of variables into the mix at this weekend’s Iveco TT Assen.

With some forecasters predicting rain for the duration of the race weekend, which begins with practice on Thursday and ends with the 26-lap Grand Prix on Saturday, both Honda riders are hoping to avoid the added pitfalls that will be presented.

"After a good race in Catalunya and an important 20 points, I still lead the championship and I am looking forward to Assen," Pedrosa begins, having enjoyed his only Assen win - but the first of his career - in the 125 class 11 years ago. "I won my first race there and have very special memories.

"The weather can be temperamental so I hope we get some dry track time on Thursday to find a good setting! It is a good track but it's important to have a good feeling with the tyres because there are several fast corners. I hope we can keep the momentum going and do a good race."

Teammate Marc Marquez has good reason to head to Assen with confidence, as the 20-year-old has triumphed in his last three races at ‘The Cathedral’.

"I had a difficult weekend in Catalunya but in the race, riding behind Dani, I was able to learn many things. The Aragon test was useful and we were able to solve some problems we've experienced in the last few races and also get to know the Honda RC213V a lot better!

"I know the weather in Assen can be unpredictable so it will be important to make the most of the dry track time we have. I like the circuit and I am feeling really good at the moment, so it will be interesting to get there on the MotoGP machine!"

The Dutch TT at Assen is the only MotoGP™ race to be staged on a Saturday, keeping up with tradition for what is also the only event remaining on the calendar that was also in place when the World Championship was first staged in 1949.

26-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Website Find Reply