Wade Boyd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wade Boyd
Is this year's TT going to be graced by the evergreen stalwart Wade Boyd, and the young whippersnapper Dwight Mitchell? Can anyone confirm or deny?
07-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Wade Boyd
Oh, yes, evergreen and pink tastefully mixed...he is entered!
07-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

tonto, in tt f.1 number 69
l/w 400 number 30.
proddy 1000 number 52.
didn't see dwight's name, though, might have missed it. have a look here:
<A HREF="http://www.realroadracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2013&highlight=t">http://www.realroadracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2013&highlight=t</A>+t+start
ade!
07-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back during February, Dwight tabled a protest against the new mandatory rule for riders to provide their own Transponders, one for each bike entered. He expressed his dismay at yet another cost imposed on the foreign "Privateers" with no real sponsorship. He implied then that he would be unable to come over. It's a shame if we won't hear/see his nice MV.
08-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:Dwight Mitchell
I can confirm what has been said ref Dwight.......

We NEED guys like Dwight, but we feel he has had a raw-ish deal this year and will not be gracing the TT
08-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please excuse my ignorance, but how much does a transponder cost?
08-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

08-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

08-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do you need a seperate transponder for every bike ? Cant you switch them from bike to bike ? If you can then wouldnt 2 be enough ? If not - why not ?
09-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You need a separate transponder for each machine so that the system can distinguish which machine is being ridden and in which class. If you are lucky enough to have the choice of two identical machines in the same class then you could get away with one transponder and swap it between machines, but you might end up a bit cheesed off if you had been in to change machines and forgotten to swap the transponder, then gone back out to post a storming time which didn't get recorded! However, most riders will have different machines for different classes, and if a Formula 1 machine were to cross the line with a 250 transponder on board it would throw the system into total confusion!
09-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:Transponders
I think that if people want to time riders accurately the transponders should be on a hire basis not the rider having to fork out even more expense..only to use it the once.

It is true that it must be ONE transponder per bike so it will be a lot of dosh to be timed--

Progress----------Mmmmmmmm!
09-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for explaining that. Asked Glen about it this morning and he reckons the IOM tourist board should pay for them and hire them out which is whats happened at every other circuit he's raced at where they've been compulsory. It costs a fortune to race on the island even with decent sponsorship and making competitors especially self financing competitors pay for transponders is shabby and greedy.
09-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greedy,the TT organisers?Never!!!!!! Good to have you back JoJo
10-05-2003, 07:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I as going to enter 2 races at the MGP,where you have to provide your own transponders, the Ultra Lt/wt and a Classic race but now Ive only entered one, because I cant afford 2 transponders. I wonder how many other people have done the same and by how many the entries will be down this year, as Im sure they will.
10-05-2003, 08:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to say that this seems madness!
Here we all are hoping that the event will grow and the organisers put a spanner in the works.

Too late to think again?

Mike
10-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surely there could be way of changing chips on one transponder----That would be MUCH cheaper surely ???
16-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trouble is, the transponders are sealed units, each with its own unique identifier. Changing chips is frought with problems and in the end would probably cost as much as using multiple transponders. Back to stage one!
17-05-2003, 05:51 PM