MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BUILDING FOR SNETTERTON QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BUILDING FOR SNETTERTON QUALIFYING
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha ended the opening day of free practice at Snetterton with James Ellison and Josh Waters in eighth and fifteenth respectively as the team continue their preparation for the fifth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship on Sunday.

Ellison and Waters arrived at the Norfolk circuit having tested on the 300 track last week with the pair now pushing for further improvements ahead of Saturdays race one grid deciding qualifying session. Ellison was confident that after taking a step back he will be able to make further progress tomorrow in the final free practice session in preparation for qualifying whilst Waters is targeting his strongest performance of the season so far.

Ellison said:

“We improved between the sessions today (Friday), but then this afternoon I was pushing harder and then was losing time by rushing into corners. It was a case of the harder I was trying to push the more time I was losing, so we took a step back and that definitely helped and we found a chunk of time. We have not that much to find tomorrow that would put us closer to the front guys from today and between us in the garage we have come up with some ideas so we can work towards some more improvements ahead of the races.”

Waters said:

“I am feeling much better here than we did at the last round. We know there is still a gap to close but it feels more achievable now that we can make the steps forward. We made some big changes and they have kind of worked in the sense that we feel more confident and know what direction we now need to go on Saturday. It has been a combination of changes, the test here last week and me that has made the difference so hopefully we can move on again tomorrow.”

06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Website Find Reply