Seeley seals pole position start at Snetterton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley seals pole position start at Snetterton
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Alistair Seeley scorched to the fastest ever Motorpoint British Supersport Championship lap to put his Gearlink Kawasaki onto his first qualifying pole start of the season to push back Aussie Billy McConnell to second.

Seeley, who goes into the race trailing series leader Stuart Easton by a single point, said:

"I just sort of read the screen and thought push on and the more I pushed the better the bike felt. It is good, we've been developing the bike and I have a good feeling with it and have turned the corner now by putting it on pole. We were a bit disappointed after the Knockhill round, but we'll see what we can do here."

[Image: seeleyonpoleatsnett2013.jpg]

McConnell's best lap on the Smiths Triumph was 0.653s down with Graeme Gowland on the Seton Tuning Yamaha and Samsung Honda's Jason O'Halloran completing the front row. Ben Wilson, the double Knockhill race winner for Gearlink Kawasaki, dropped to fifth fastest having briefly led the session.

Series leader Stuart Easton, riding MarTrain Yamaha, faces an uphill struggle, qualifying tenth fastest with reigning champion Glen Richards, returning from injury, a further five places down.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Snetterton, qualifying:

1: Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) 1m 51.281s
2: Billy McConnell (Smiths Gloucester Triumph) +0.653s
3: Graeme Gowland (Seton Tuning Yamaha) +0.709s
4: Jason O'Halloran (Samsung Honda) +0.800s
5: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.831s

06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Website Find Reply