Seeley storms to opening Supersport win of the weekend
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley storms to opening Supersport win of the weekend
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Alastair Seeley converted his pole position a third victory of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship season and with it regaining the lead in the title stakes at the expense of the Flying Scot Stuart Easton who was unable to overcome a difficult qualifying and finished in tenth.

Riding the Gearlink Kawasaki, Seeley saw off the early challenge of his team-mate Ben Wilson who had taken a double win the previous Scottish round, and was able to dictate the pace from the front while adrift of him a frantic scrap for position was being fought out.

[Image: seeleywin1atsnett2013.jpg]

Seeley was delighted, he said:

"It was pretty good, I'm happy enough with the win after my disappointment last time I out. I came here determined to bounce back. Part one is complete with this victory and now I am ready for part two and I hope another big haul of points. Everyone knows I like this circuit but these races are never easy."

Luke Mossey moved his Techcare/Profile Triumph into second place with a couple of laps remaining to relegate Wilson into third place. Billy McConnell grabbed fourth on his Smiths Triumph on the final lap from Samsung Honda's Jason O'Halloran with Graeme Gowland running sixth on the Seton Tuning Yamaha.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Snetterton, Sprint race, result

1: Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki)
2: Luke Mossey (Techcare/Profile Triumph) +5.339s
3: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +6.088s
4: Billy McConnell (Smiths Triumph) +7.861s
5: Jason O'Halloran (Samsung Honda) +8.021s

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings after Snetterton Sprint race:

1: Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) 180
2: Stuart Easton (MarTrain Yamaha) 162
3: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 140
4: Billy McConnell (Smiths Gloucester Triumph) 136
5: Graeme Gowland (Seton Tuning Yamaha) 96

06-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Website Find Reply