Lorenzo: ‘I have to stay realistic about injuries’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo: ‘I have to stay realistic about injuries’
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo is fully aware that his damaged collarbone is likely to cause him more bother as the World Championship heads to Germany.

Following his accident in second free practice at Assen, the champion is carrying eight screws and a plate in his left collarbone. Despite having returned from an operation in Barcelona to finish fifth in the Dutch TT, notwithstanding the pain in his shoulder, the Mallorcan is staying completely pragmatic when it comes to Germany.

“Sachsenring is going to be a little tough for me after the crash at Assen,” Lorenzo begins. “It is true that in Holland we achieved a stunning result for me, the team and also the championship, but I have to be realistic and I still have a long way to go until my collarbone is recovered. I made a huge effort to race at Assen and could finally manage a really difficult weekend to get an astonishing fifth.”

Describing his current physical state, Lorenzo continues:

“The situation is still that I need more time to fix the injury. I won’t be at 100% in Germany but I’m pretty confident I can have a good weekend. At least I have had almost ten days to stay calm and improve my physical condition a bit. It will be difficult to compete another time but for sure I will push even harder than in Holland. The track is not one of my favourite tracks in the championship but at this level I don’t mind where we race. I have to give everything inside of me at each race.”

Yamaha Factory Racing’s Lorenzo has had four consecutive second place finishes at the Sachsenring between 2009 and 2012. On the first of those occasions he ended proceedings behind Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi, whereas for the last three years the Grand Prix has been won by current championship leader Dani Pedrosa for Repsol Honda Team.

11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Website Find Reply