BRANDS HATCH BECKONS AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GEAR UP FOR ROUND SIX
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRANDS HATCH BECKONS AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GEAR UP FOR ROUND SIX
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team return to the legendary Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit this weekend (19/20/21 July) for the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as James Ellison aims to repeat his win from the opening round at the Kent circuit and Josh Waters prepares to build on his Snetterton performances.

Ellison was victorious on the Indy circuit at the season opener and after cruelly missing out on the podium at Snetterton last time out the Kendal rider is now determined to underline his credentials as a podium contender on the 2.43-mile Grand Prix configuration. Ellison currently lies fourth in the overall standings, but knows that a haul of podium credits this weekend will boost his title hopes.

Waters will make his debut on the Grand Prix circuit after scoring his best result in the Championship at Snetterton at the previous round with a seventh place. The Australian double champion was spurred on by a pair of top ten finishes in Norfolk and arrives in Kent targeting further improvement as he aims to close the deficit in the standings to the top six.

Ellison said:

“I love the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit and we know that it should be a good track for the Milwaukee Yamaha. We have shown that we have the podium pace at all of the circuits apart from Knockhill and it has just been bad luck that has stopped us being on the podium more frequently. I feel good on the bike and to be honest I am not too worried about what has happened so far because of the way the Showdown works; the rules play into our hands at the moment. What has happened so far has just made me hungrier for results at Brands Hatch because we know we have the pace to fight at the front. This weekend we need to score two good results and find settings that will put us in a strong position for when we come back at the end of the season for the Showdown as hopefully we will be in the top six fighting for the title.”

Waters said:

“I feel like at Snetterton we made steps forward and I felt happier and more confident; we could see that in the results as we had our best races of the season. I hope that we can now go to Brands Hatch this weekend and do the same there; I want to be up closer to the front pack like we were at the last round so hopefully we can translate what we learnt there to the GP circuit. I am really looking forward to this one as I have watched that final race of 2011 with Tommy and Hopper loads of times and I can’t wait to do some laps there now. I want to improve and have another two good races this weekend so we can try and close the gap to the top six.”

16-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply