Lorenzo to travel to Laguna Seca
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo to travel to Laguna Seca
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

It has been confirmed on Wednesday that Jorge Lorenzo is travelling to California with a possible view to competing in this weekend’s ninth round of the MotoGP™ World Championship at the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Following the dramas of the Sachsenring, when Lorenzo highsided and damaged the titanium plate attached to his already injured left collarbone, the World Champion announced via his personal Twitter account that he would be back for the Indianapolis race after the summer break. Since then, however, erstwhile championship leader Dani Pedrosa has also injured his left collarbone while Marc Marquez won in Germany to retake the lead in the title race.

[Image: lorenzoprelaguna2013.jpg]

A Yamaha Factory Racing press release reads as follows:

‘Jorge Lorenzo will travel to Laguna to be with his team as he recovers from a second surgery to his injured collarbone following a free practice crash at last weekend’s German Grand Prix.’

“Finally we have decided to go to Laguna Seca,” Lorenzo comments. “Following the final medical check and after speaking with Doctor Rodríguez, we are going to try. At the beginning I seriously thought that it might have been convenient to take the necessary time to recover and be back at Indy, but over the last two days I have felt much better so now I want to be there, although I will try to not take too many risks.

“I want to be there also for the fans, for the championship but especially for my team that is waiting for me. I want to thank everybody for all of the support I have received so far and I want to say ‘thank you’ to the doctors who took care of me after the crash at the Sachsenring, both at the Clinica Mobile and at the Hospital General de Catalunya, especially Doctors Rodríguez and Cots.”

“Jorge has made the decision to fly to Laguna Seca and, although it will not be easy, he has decided to try - despite the pain and the consequences of the second surgery to his injured collarbone,” adds Team Manager Wilco Zeelenberg. “We have another tough weekend ahead of us, especially because the layout of the track is physically demanding. Now I am just looking forward to seeing him here with the team and then we will set the strategy for the weekend.”

To date, Lorenzo’s sole win at Laguna Seca came in his first title-winning season of 2010. In his first MotoGP™ race at the track in 2008, the Mallorcan suffered a large highside accident at Turn 6.

18-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Website Find Reply