Tommy Bridewell Signs For Halsall Racing Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tommy Bridewell Signs For Halsall Racing Kawasaki
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

The Halsall Racing Kawasaki team is delighted to announce that Tommy Bridewell has joined the squad for the remainder of the 2013 season. The Devizes rider will join Lee Costello as the emerging new team fields two bikes for the rest of the year in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

The move comes a week since Bridewell parted company with the IWR Bathams Honda team and a fortnight since Halsall Racing announced Jack Valentine as the new team manager.

Bridewell, 24, will join the team with immediate effect, and will make his race debut for the team at round seven of the series at Oulton Park over the weekend August 9-11, 2013.

Last season Bridewell was one of the leading stars of the championship, earning one of the coveted spots in the Showdown and eventually ending the year sixth overall.

[Image: Halsall-bridewell.jpg]
Martin Halsall and Tommy Bridewell.
Pic courtesy of Jon Jessop

Tommy Bridewell:

"I'm massively excited to be joining the Halsall crew. It feels like a refreshing re-start to the season for me and this is just what I need. For various reasons, so far 2013 hasn't gone the way I wanted it to but this is just what I needed. My focus is 100% and I feel really good.

"It's exciting to be part of an up and coming team like Halsall Racing and I'm looking forward to working alongside Lee. I have a few years of experience in BSB now and I believe together we can really help develop the team and the bike. It's the middle of the season and the perfect time for a new start with a new team and new bike. I'm delighted to have been given this chance to be a part of such an exciting project."

Jack Valentine, Team Manager:

"It's fantastic news that Tommy has joined the team. Martin and I are both fully committed to taking the team forward and we knew we needed an experienced front runner to help us make this happen.

"I've always been an admirer of Tommy; he had an excellent season last year and for us as a team, getting the opportunity to run him is excellent. I believe this will be a great move for all of us. Lee is already doing a great job and now that we have secured Tommy we can move even further forward with our plans to make Halsall Racing Kawasaki a strong and competitive team."

Martin Halsall, Team Owner:

"When we heard that Tommy was available we knew that this was the perfect opportunity for us to work together. He will join us at Oulton Park and we are all looking forward to it. We had always intended to be a two bike team, and the chance to work with Tommy came just at the right time."

24-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply