JESSOPP BACK ON TRACK AND READY TO START FIGHTING AFTER BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JESSOPP BACK ON TRACK AND READY TO START FIGHTING AFTER BRANDS HATCH
[Image: jessopatbrands2013.jpg]

Riders BMW’s Martin Jessopp was back on track last weekend at the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and as he continues his recovery from a broken coccyx, scoring a point with a gritty performance on the Grand Prix circuit.

Jessopp and the team worked hard on setup throughout the weekend as they bid to close the gap to their rivals on the 2.43-mile Kent circuit with the Yeovil-based rider finishing the opening race of the weekend just missing out on the points in sixteenth. However improvements in race two meant Jessopp was able to claim fifteenth to add to his points tally ahead of the next round of the season at Oulton Park next month. The Cheshire circuit was the scene of Jessopp’s best result so far in his campaign and he is aiming for a repeat performance.

Jessopp said:

“As a team we were happy with the weekend because we didn’t have any problems and we just kept learning all weekend and moving forward with the BMW. From my perspective we scored a point but I want more than that because we know that myself and the team have been capable in the past.

“We have been unlucky with the injury that’s for sure because we just have to wait for it to heal, but at the same time we were close to a top ten finish at Oulton Park earlier in the year, so with the two weekends off I should be able to be fully fit then to try and do it again. We are now looking at the second half of the season and aiming to push for the results we should be achieving.”

(This post was last modified: 26-07-2013, 10:45 AM by Malcolm.)
26-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Website Find Reply