MARTIN READY FOR ARMOY ‘RACE OF LEGENDS’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN READY FOR ARMOY ‘RACE OF LEGENDS’
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Fresh from his Southern 100 Solo Championship success on the Isle of Man earlier this month, Tyco Suzuki rider Guy Martin will take in this weekend’s Armoy Road Races in Northern Ireland in the Supersport and Superbike classes.

Martin set new Supersport, Superbike and an outright lap record at the Billown course last time out in the Isle of Man, very much proving the pedigree of Suzuki’s GSX-R range. The Lincolnshire man will be looking to take the challenge to his main rivals once again this weekend at ‘The Race of Legends’.

[Image: guyats100-2013.jpg]

Martin said:

“Yeah I like the Armoy circuit. I think I’ve only missed the meeting once since it started. If we can start from where we left off at the Southern 100 then yeah we can certainly take the challenge to the rest – that’s the plan. We got the Superbike where it needed to be for the Solo Championship race at the Southern, and when it’s like that it’s the best bike out there. The 600 was also flying at the Southern, so we should be ‘reet’ boy, we should be ‘reet’.”

Team Manager Philip Neill added:

“Armoy is a well run event and is one that Guy has become very fond of. It is also a great opportunity for us as a team to race in front of the local supporters. As much as we don’t go there with a ‘win at all costs’ attitude, this will be Guy’s third year in Tyco Suzuki colours, so he knows his way round and we’ll be looking forward to watching him challenge for top positions.”

Event Schedule

Practice for the event takes place on Friday with roads closing from 2.30pm to 9.30pm.

Roads close on Race Day Saturday at 9.30am with the first race at 10am.

Guy will be in action in the Moyle District Council Supersport race, the SGS International Open Race
and the River Ridge Recycling Race of Legends Superbike finale.

(This post was last modified: 26-07-2013, 10:53 AM by Malcolm.)
26-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply