Classic TT dinner
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Classic TT dinner
I have just read on another TT forum that the TT HEROES dinner that is being held during the classic TT is to have a number of NON TT, but ex GP riders to host some of the tables. I find this hard to understand as there are a lot of ex TT rider/heroes, in fact they are all heroes if they have raced in a TT/Manx. Why is this ??. I also noticed on the classic TT web site that a non TT rider is to "MC" the event, there are a number of ex TT riders who are perfectly capable of doing this job.

I recently spoke to a Seven times TT winner and Four times world champion who has not even been approached to attend the classic TT let alone host a dinner table.

As the tickets for this dinner cost £ 100.00 are the proceeds being used to pay for the expenses of some of the guests ?.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM by pat slinn.)
01-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Classic TT dinner
[Image: classictt_Heroes_header2.jpg]

THE CLASSIC TT HEROES DINNER will take place on the 25th of August in the sumptuous TT 'VIP Club' facility, situated at the heart of the grandstand area.

This is a unique opportunity to meet a myriad of World champions, national champions and TT riders, past and present. It is bound to be an unforgettable evening.

The 'Who's Who' of motorcycle racing includes TT stars with over 100 race wins between them. Current record holders John McGuinness, James Hillier, Michael Dunlop and Dave Molyneux will be there, along with Conor Cummins, Ian Lougher, Bruce Anstey, Cameron Donald, William Dunlop and Gary Johnson - all of whom raced at this year's TT.

Joining them will be some of the most successful Mountain Course competitors of yesteryear including Mick Grant, Phil McCallen, Brian Reid, Ryan Farquhar and Phil Read. Fresh from displaying his MV Agusta in Saturday's parade lap multiple World Champion and 12-time TT winner, Giacomo Agostini, will be one of the star guests .

Other World champions due to appear include four-time GP title winner Kork Ballington, three-time winner Freddie Spencer, Venezuela's two-time 250cc champ Carlos Lavardo, Steve Baker who was the first American to win a road racing world championship and 1969 250cc champion Kel Carruthers, who was also a double Lightweight TT winner.

Former British and World Superbike champion Neil Hodgson will be compering the evening and interviewing each of the stars during the evening. Every table will be hosted by one of the legendary names so you'll also get the chance to ask your own questions and get memorabilia personally autographed. The riders will be switching tables after each of the three courses so you'll get your own experience and interview with many of the greatest names in racing history.

[Image: booknowbutton.jpg]

[Image: classicdinnerfooter.jpg]
01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Classic TT dinner
Pat,

The posting above that I have made was transmitted to me a few days back and for the very same reasons that you have identified, I have been somewhat reluctant to upload said posting.

However, now that you have highlighted this, I HAVE subsequently uploaded the posting on the website, and no doubt the public will make their own minds up concerning this matter.

Malcolm.

01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply