Halsall Racing Aiming High At Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Halsall Racing Aiming High At Donington Park
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

The Bolton-based Halsall Racing Kawasaki Team are chasing top 10 finishes for both Tommy Bridewell and Lee Costello and maybe even a place in the Showdown as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship moves to Donington Park this weekend.

After his dazzling second place finish at Cadwell Park on August Bank Holiday Monday on the Halsall Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R, Tommy Bridewell now has an outside chance of making the Showdown at the end of this weekend. The Devizes rider is currently in eighth place, 25 points behind sixth-placed Jon Kirkham and he knows another result like the last one could be enough to secure him the coveted final place in the title scrap.

Team-mate Lee Costello is hoping he can start fighting for top 10 positions this weekend after team owner Martin Halsall has strengthened his squad with new data and suspension experts in a bid to help the Bolton rider progress further aboard his Halsall Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R.

Tommy Bridewell:

"I'm really looking forward to Donington Park after our successful weekend at Cadwell where I believe I rode as well as I could and felt I was as strong as anyone else. I felt more confident in myself and my own ability and now I'm keen to do the same at Donington Park as there is still the chance of making the Showdown. After the bad luck and DNFs I suffered early in the year, I never thought this would be a possibility. I went to Cadwell 49 points behind and halved that gap to 25 so yes, it is possible. However, there are only two races left to go so I can't really pin all of my hopes on it. I'm just going out there without any pressure and we'll do what we can."

Lee Costello:

"After Cadwell Park where we were struggling, Martin has brought in some new team members for my side of the garage so hopefully we can start to make improvements. Donington and the rest of the tracks this season are more like the bigger European circuits which I prefer so I think we're in a much better place. My aim is to get a decent set-up nailed on Friday so then we can come out fighting on Saturday. We've seen what Tommy can do so we know the bike is fast enough and I'm hoping with the right guys behind me and a big effort from me, we can break into the top 10 this weekend. That's the aim."

Martin Halsall, Team Owner:

"Both Tommy and Lee have historically ran well at Donington Park so we're all looking forward to this round. We need to keep up the good work as far as Tommy is concerned and I really want to put my focus onto progressing Lee further. We've made some changes within the team to put a bit more input on Lee's suspension and data which should help bring him on further. Hopefully we can find our feet with Lee as we know he's capable of running well so we just need to get the bike right for him. With Tommy we know where we are and what we need to do to give him what he needs so I hope we can pick up where we left off at Cadwell, which will give us a bit of extra time to really help progress Lee. I'm confident it is all coming together and we can have a strong remainder of the season."

03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Website Find Reply