William Dunlop aiming to maintain hot streak on CD Yamaha at Killalane
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop aiming to maintain hot streak on CD Yamaha at Killalane
[Image: williamdunloponr1.jpg]

Ulster Grand Prix Supersport race winner William Dunlop will rely on his CD Racing Yamaha R6 as he bids to round off the Irish national season on a high at the Country Crest Killalane road races.

Dunlop won’t have the Milwaukee Yamaha R1 Superbike at his disposal at the Co Dublin event this weekend, which brings the curtain down on the 2013 campaign.

He clinched victory in the 600cc race last year and hopes to repeat the feat on Sunday, when seven-time Isle of Man TT winner Michael provides his stiffest opposition.

Dunlop has enjoyed the upper hand over his younger brother in the middleweight division on the Irish roads at Skerries, Armoy and the Ulster GP at Dundrod and is keen to maintain his winning streak in the class.

“I seem to go well at Killalane and I held the lap record on the big bike there in the past,” he said.

“I’ll only have the 600 with me this weekend and I’ll ride Mickey’s 250 as well.

“They usually have a 600 race on the Saturday if they’ve enough time after practice, so I’ll get a run out in that and then again on Sunday,”
he added.

“I might take the 600 out in the Open race but once Killalane is over I won’t be looking at doing too much more racing.”

Dunlop has been in fine form in the second half of the season in the Milwaukee Yamaha colours, finishing on the podium in third place in the Supersport class at the TT and setting his first 130mph Mountain Course lap in the Senior.

He took a phenomenal win in the second 600 race at Dundrod after a final-lap thriller with Bruce Anstey and impressed on the YZF-R1 Superbike, claiming a podium in the feature race before retiring from second place in race two.

In addition to the Dunlops, the line-up at Killalane includes Derek Sheils, Jamie Hamilton, Michael Pearson and Manx Grand Prix winner Michael Sweeney.

Practice takes place on Saturday from 1pm-7pm with roads closing at 10am on Sunday for racing (admission 15 euros).

Roads will reopen no later than 6.30pm.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

Kyle White

04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply