Mixed results for Tinmouth and her Two Wheel Racing Team at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mixed results for Tinmouth and her Two Wheel Racing Team at Donington Park
[Image: twowheelracinglogo.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth did her best to keep the team's spirits up at Donington Park, boasting yet another personal best lap time, at this the ninth round of the 2013 British Superbike Championship, but bad weather, gear box problems and a lack of rear grip led to disappointment during the 2 feature races of the weekend.

Due to the amount of rain that fell on the first day the team joined several others in not partaking in FP1 or FP2. The sun showed itself on the Saturday and FP 3 went well but after the session it was discovered that 3 of the spokes on the rear wheel had cracked which could potentially have been catastrophic. Undeterred Jenny got her head down for qualifying and it was during this session she posted her best ever lap of the leicestershire circuit and qualified in 24th place.

After an excellent start in Race 1 things took a turn for the worse when the rear grip dropped away after only half a dozen laps and with the wheel problems from FP3 still in the back of her mind Jenny was left with no option but to pull in. Race 2 began with yet another good start but gearbox problems meant Jenny had to again pull in to prevent risking further damage.

[Image: jennytatdonnington2013.jpg]

Rider Jenny Tinmouth said;

"This initially, for me, was a very disappointing weekend plagued with problems but the team has really got behind me and after discussing things with them I can see it could have been a lot worse and we have just been unlucky. We posted yet another pb lap time which gives us confidence that we are heading in the right direction and we are now really looking forward to the trip across the water to the next round at Assen"

Crew Chief Steve Bradley said;

" I know Jen was originally disappointed with this weekend, especially coming off of the back of Cadwell, but for me this year more than ever she has really clicked with the bike and the problems we have had this weekend were out of our hands and could have happened to anyone. We have just been unlucky. Everything will be ready in plenty of time for Assen and I think we can go there full of confidence to carry on with Jen’s record breaking second season in British Superbikes in a positive frame of mind."

The next round of the championship is at the TT circuit Assen on the 20th-22nd September, all the races can be seen live on Eurosport 2.

[Image: twowheelracingfooter.jpg]
12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Website Find Reply