T.T. at the Sulby Glen Hotel
Anonymous
Unregistered

T.T. at the Sulby Glen Hotel
It's a long time since I have posted anything so I thought I would take this opportunity to let you all know what we are doing over the T.T.
We have live bands on from the Thursday of Practice week to the Friday of race week, in the Marquee behind the Hotel. there is no charge to get in, and we have a bar inside the Marquee, It is also heated, if it gets cold. but the more people turn up the less chance of that. We put this entertainment on at our expence with no help from the government or anyone else so please support it. We have a Bar-b-q and Band on the 4th June and this will be a fund raising night for "Bikers riding with a disability" also we will have our usual fund raising evening for the
M.G.P. Helilcopter Fund.
The Ducati Promotional Girls will be staying at the Hotel over the Race forthnight and would like to have a Ducati owners evening anyone know who I get in touch with ? All music in the Marquee will finish at 12.00 midnight and last orders in the Marquee will also be 12.00 midnight, I have to be mindful of my neighbours, but it's not to bad if you know in advance what time we close is it ! AND IT IS FREE. And last of all My son Daniel is out again this year, Sidecars, passenger for Gregg Lambert, No 3 so look out for them and wish them luck. Once again please tell all
16-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: T.T. at the Sulby Glen Hotel
WE'LL BE THERE......

But what was that press release on April the First about a chicane on Sulby Straight ??

(!!!!!!!!!!!)
16-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi from Mike and Pamela!

now we know the TT is here!
The Sulby Glen Hotel is (and has been for some time for me) a huge part of the festival. For those who dont know, Rosie is famous for her hospitality.
Do support her as she supports the TT. Its worth the trip, even from Douglas! Get a minibus.
Hey, what am I doing! The place is busy enough already!
Seriuosly, give it a try!
I have so many memories of the place...
I once had lunch there with the late Dave taylor and Blue Peters John Noakes. (its a long story!)

By the way, Rosie, as well as the Ducati meet, is it too late to encourage another MV meet?
The last one was so good!
I am staying at the Point of Ayre lighthouse this year but will be in the Sulby most nights of the fortnight (thanks Pamela for driving!)
See you there!
Mike
16-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We were over in the Island for Xmas and called in at the Sulby,Boxing Day I think.I must say that Rosie's refurbishment is to be commended.There appears to be much more room in the bar now,as the pool table has been moved and the room made larger.So there are no excuses for not visiting as you should all at least find standing room.Unfortunately,we will have to wait until the Manx
17-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll be there........starting tonight with.....
Cargo and his rainbow hair colours......
17-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could have guessed that Gail would be there for "practice". Then it will be Ginger Hall, then it will the the Mitre Tavern. Practice week just goes on and on.
18-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good Point,
The Pool Table will have to go over the T.T. to make room for more seating and eating room. But I'm sure we can manage without it for two weeks. Anyone fancy a job for a night ? Always room for one more in the kitchen. See you all soon .
19-05-2003, 11:30 AM