Yamaha Factory Racing aims for first Aragon win
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha Factory Racing aims for first Aragon win
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Yamaha Factory Racing is yet to clinch a victory at Aragon since the popular MotorLand circuit debuted on the MotoGP™ calendar in 2010. Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi are looking to change that fact this weekend.

With five races remaining in 2013, Lorenzo has won the last two and is now joint second in the standings with Repsol Honda Team’s Dani Pedrosa.

“I’m really looking forward to going to Aragon because we had a very good test there before the Assen Grand Prix,” says the reigning World Champion. “In those tests we were the fastest and now we have an even better bike. I'm looking forward to getting to know our new level at the circuit. I feel very good physically and also the last Misano test went very well for us, so I'm going to Aragon feeling positive.”

[Image: lorenzoprearagon.jpg]

Valentino Rossi also believes Yamaha can enjoy a stronger all-round weekend, having introduced its seamless transmission system for the last round at Misano.

“After doing a test, I am always very curious to go on to the next race,” explains the Italian, with MotoGP™ having hosted an official post-race day of testing after the San Marino GP. “The Misano test was very positive. We improved various aspects so I want to see if we are able to make a further step in races. My goal is always to fight with Jorge, Dani and Marc (Marquez, Repsol Honda Team and championship leader). In recent tests done at Aragon, Jorge and I did good times with the M1. The bike worked well, so we are eager to get onto this circuit.”

The winning outfits at Aragon thus far are Ducati Team and Repsol Honda Team, with Casey Stoner having won for each of the respective marques in 2010 and 2011 before Dani Pedrosa sealed Honda’s second victory at the Spanish venue last year.

26-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Website Find Reply