Marquez and Pedrosa content after Friday
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez and Pedrosa content after Friday
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Repsol Honda Team enjoyed a one-three result on the first day of practice for the Gran Premio Iveco de Aragón, with championship leader Marc Marquez leading the way from last year’s race winner Dani Pedrosa.

Beaten to the top spot this morning by Yamaha Factory Racing’s Jorge Lorenzo, Marquez went quickest in the afternoon with his leading effort of 1’48.987. Stefan Bradl was second for LCR Honda MotoGP, with Pedrosa completing the top three and 0.267 seconds in arrears of his teammate.

“Today, I didn't feel as good as I did in the test that we did here after the Barcelona GP, as there was less grip in these two practice sessions,” Marquez began. “Anyway, it's the same for everyone. In general the feeling that we have is pretty good and I worked on various things with the bike today. However, we can still improve our setup. We hope to take that step forward tomorrow and we shall see if the grip level improves, as that would make things so much easier for everyone.”

In 2012, Pedrosa’s victory in Aragon would become the first of four from the final five races of the season. The Sabadell rider hopes to repeat the feat this weekend.

“I'm happy because today I felt comfortable on-track, we put in some good laps and improved our feeling a lot,” Pedrosa explained. “We were only lacking a test run with the hard rear tyre, so tomorrow we will work on that to see which compound we go with in the end. We hope to get a bit further along with our preparations for the race.”

The entire field enjoyed much improved weather for this year’s opening day in Aragon, following the adverse conditions that befell the Aragon Friday of 2012.

27-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Website Find Reply