Samsung Honda’s Kiyonari to miss Silverstone Showdown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Samsung Honda’s Kiyonari to miss Silverstone Showdown
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Samsung Honda have announced that Ryuichi Kiyonari has been forced to withdraw from this weekend's MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship event at Silverstone after sustaining a shoulder injury whilst training.

Kiyonari, who is hopeful for a return at the season finale at Brands Hatch, will be replaced this weekend by Freddy Foray, who is currently riding a Honda CBR1000RR in the German IDM Superbike series. The 29-year-old from Sèvres in France is a double World Endurance champion who contested several rounds of last season's MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, although he has never raced at Silverstone before.

Foray said:

"Of course, I want to wish Kiyo a quick recovery but I am grateful to Samsung Honda for this opportunity. I have not ridden at Silverstone before but I have done many laps on my MotoGP game on Playstation! I am excited to ride the Samsung Honda, which will be a little bit different to my IDM machine, but I am not so worried about the change and I am looking forward to this weekend."

Team manager Havier Beltran concluded:

"The Samsung Honda team are very much looking forward to Silverstone and continuing the progress that we have been making in the championship. Alex arrives this weekend still very confident because his momentum has been growing over the past few rounds and that was always the aim; to end the main season strongly and carry that into the Showdown. Of course, we're sorry that Kiyo won't be with us this weekend, but we're looking forward to working with Freddy and hope that he can support Alex."

02-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply