Kiyonari assessed by MCE BSB medical team at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari assessed by MCE BSB medical team at Silverstone
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari visited Silverstone this morning for further assessment of his shoulder injury with the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship medical team following his motocross training crash.

Title Fighter Kiyonari currently lies fifth in the standings but was declared unfit to compete in this weekend's penultimate round following the crash. Samsung Honda's Kiyonari spent time in the medical centre along with team manager Havier Beltran where he underwent x-rays and physio sessions as he bids to be fit for the season finale at Brands Hatch.

[Image: kiyoshoulderinjury.jpg]

Kiyonari said:

"I am disappointed that I cannot race this weekend because I like Silverstone. I had the crash on the motocross bike when I landed and initially I thought I might have broken my collarbone as it has been very painful. I have to thank the medical team here because they have helped me today and I feel happy that it is not worse because I really want to be back for Brands Hatch."

Team manager Havier Beltran concluded:

"I am obviously disappointed that Kiyo cannot race this weekend, but the time with the BSB medical team this morning and the assessment they have done here has been encouraging. Kiyo was originally concerned that it could have also aggravated an older injury, however it looks like that with some further treatment he should be able to race at Brands Hatch which is reassuring for him and will help his recovery."

04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Website Find Reply