MILWAUKEE YAMAHA KICK OFF PENULTIMATE ROUND AT SILVERSTONE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA KICK OFF PENULTIMATE ROUND AT SILVERSTONE
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team returned to action at Silverstone today for the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship with James Ellison and Tommy Bridewell ending the opening free practice sessions in fourth and thirteenth respectively.

The opening morning session took place in wet conditions with Ellison proving his pace by running second fastest with Bridewell completing the top ten. However the conditions improved for the afternoon and Ellison fired in the fourth fastest time and is confident that some changes in the morning will put him in an even stronger position for qualifying. Bridewell set the thirteenth fastest time as he prepares for his second weekend with the Milwaukee Yamaha team and is ready to build on the opening two sessions.

Ellison said:

“It has been a good start to the weekend and we are not far off after today. We have been losing a bit of time in the first sector, but we have a bit of a plan for that as we know we have a good pace here at the MotoGP support race so we have been able to try a few things. We have been working on the steering because that in the first sector will be where we can make up some more time and I have been happy on the SC2 rear tyre. We have some information from when we were here before so we have been able to go a bit in between in terms of direction, but we have ended today fairly happy and on track for where we need to be tomorrow.”

Bridewell said:

“Today was difficult with the conditions and I am a bit far away from where I feel comfortable, but we have had a good talk through it in the garage and we have a plan for tomorrow to make some changes. At the start of the session this afternoon I felt better but as the conditions improved I just struggled to match the pace we needed to achieve, but generally it is ok and we shouldn’t be here for very long!”

04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Website Find Reply