MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GUNNING FOR RESULTS AFTER SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA GUNNING FOR RESULTS AFTER SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team ended the Datatag Extreme qualifying sessions today in a determined mood ahead of tomorrow’s races as James Ellison and Tommy Bridewell have vowed to fight back at Silverstone.

Ellison had set the pace in the third free practice session and was confident for qualifying however a mistake on his first flying lap of Q2 caused him to crash out and he will start from the sixth row of the grid in eighteenth on the grid. Bridewell had made some further changes throughout the day and was feeling more comfortable as he again qualified for the Q3 session, ending eighth fastest.

Ellison said:

“I am gutted for the Milwaukee Yamaha team as I just lost the rear on my first lap. I felt I had the heat in my tyre and I just lost the rear; usually it just drifts for a while and then grips but it just carried on sliding and that was it. I obviously didn’t get enough heat in it but it has made me even more determined for the races tomorrow. It is a long lap here and a wide track and we know we can do the race pace times to win so we just need to try and get a good start to get away with the pack.”

Bridewell said:

“We have made some steps in the right direction today but we are a little bit behind because we went in the wrong direction a bit yesterday, but we have managed to get it back and make it better for qualifying. We have a few things to change tomorrow and I am feeling a lot happier and more comfortable on the bike here. Our race pace is good so we will see what we can do in the races.”

06-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply