FRONT-ROW BSB START FOR JACOBSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT-ROW BSB START FOR JACOBSEN
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's PJ Jacobsen will start tomorrow's opening British Superbike race at Silverstone from the front row of the grid.

The 20-year-old BSB rookie, who posted the third-fastest time during today's qualifying, will be looking to add a Silverstone podium to the one he collected at Assen just a fortnight ago.

Aussie Josh Brookes was one place behind his American team-mate in fourth position and will start tomorrow's opening 14-lap race from the second row.

Taylor Mackenzie finished today's nine-lap British Supersport race in ninth place and will start Sunday's second middleweight encounter from the fourth row in 11th.

PJ Jacobsen:

"Yeah that was good today. We've been really consistent so far this weekend and it's a good way to follow-up the Assen podium. It's another first for me in British Superbike and it will be nice to start with a clear track ahead of me. I need to make the most of the position and see how it goes from there, but thanks to the team for giving me a great bike out there today."

Josh Brookes:

"Unfortunately we were suffering with a little bit of chatter today, but we're not far away as fourth is close enough to the front. If we can cure that or find a way of working around it, then we'll be good tomorrow as the GSX-R1000 is a strong-enough package around Silverstone."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's a good test of a rider's mental strength to see if he can follow-up one good result with another strong performance and PJ did just that today. He fully-deserves his front-row start and there's no reason why he can't turn that into a strong result in tomorrow's opening race.

"There was plenty of drama out there today - thankfully not involving ourselves - so for Josh to start from the second row is no major concern, as we know his strength in a race situation. We all know what we have to do tomorrow to stay involved in this championship bid, which I'm certain will have a few more twists before it's all done and dusted."

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM by Malcolm.)
06-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Website Find Reply