Marquez ready for Malaysia racing and Thursday hearing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez ready for Malaysia racing and Thursday hearing
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

World Championship leader Marc Marquez heads to the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia this weekend hoping to extend his title advantage, but is aware that first he has a date with Race Direction and his teammate Dani Pedrosa on Thursday.

The championship embarks upon its final stretch this weekend, with the final four races of the year to decide the destiny of the title and with 100 points at stake in Malaysia, Australia, Japan and Valencia. Marquez leads MotoGP standings by 39 points.

The first of those four contests will be held at Sepang, where Marquez aims to clinch the seventh victory of a stunning MotoGP debut campaign.

Ahead of the Grand Prix, however, he and the rest of the paddock will be awaiting the decision of Race Direction on the collision between Marquez and his Repsol Honda colleague Pedrosa at Aragon.

"Now we head to Malaysia for the first of the fly away races and I'm ready to get there, " comments Marquez. "Sepang is a circuit I like, it's the first track we were really able to test the Honda bike at so it will be nice to go back there and regain the feeling, and to see what we have learned over the season. "

"I know there is a hearing set for Thursday with Race Direction to discuss the incident with Dani in Aragon, there is not much we can do, we need to wait and see what they say."

A year ago, Pedrosa achieved an important victory over Jorge Lorenzo in the rain at Sepang. With a further four podiums ‒ two second places and two thirds ‒ from his previous five visits to Malaysia in MotoGP, he will be one of the leading candidates for victory.

Pedrosa previewed round 15 saying, "I felt good in the last race riding at the front, and I look forward to finding the same feelings on the bike again in Sepang."

"The track has a little of everything, fast and slow corners, hard braking and long straights and the weather conditions make it hard work. Physically it's been a hard week, I couldn't walk for three days due to the pain in my hip, but it's getting better every day so I'm hoping to be in perfect condition for the weekend."

08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply