Redding and Espargaro to continue Moto2 World Championship battle in Sepang
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding and Espargaro to continue Moto2 World Championship battle in Sepang
[Image: hondaracinglogo.jpg]

The contest for the Honda-powered Moto2 World Championship is heading for a thrilling climax between Scott Redding (Marc VDS Racing Team Kalex) and Pol Espargaro (Tuenti HP40 Pons Kalex). Although Redding leads the way, the last few races have usually seen the Briton and the Spaniard taking it in turns to beat each other. At the last two races, however, Espargaro scored more points than Redding, so the gap now stands at just 20 points with four races remaining.

Espargaro’s team-mate Esteve Rabat (Tuenti HP 40 Pons Kalex) also has an outside chance of joining the title battle. The Spaniard currently sits 14 points behind Espargaro, after finishing second at Aragon behind runaway winner Nicolas Terol (Mapfre Aspar Team Moto2 Suter).

Four riders within 21 points of each other dispute fourth place in the series, with Redding’s team-mate Mika Kallio (Marc VDS Racing Team Kalex) leading Takaaki Nakagami (Italtrans Racing Team Kalex) and Dominique Aegerter (Technomag carXpert Suter).

[Image: reddingpresepang2013.jpg]
Pol Espargaro and Scott Redding in action at Aragon

Moto2 rider quotes

Scott Redding (Marc VDS Racing Team:

“Three races in three weeks make it busy but I’m looking forward to Sepang and what comes after it. At Aragon two weeks ago the main straight was our downfall, but we’ve got a new engine for Sepang so hopefully we’ll have a bit more speed. And my right arm should be better after the op we had after Misano. It’s going to be a big fight for the title at the final four races with Pol and maybe Tito [Rabat], so the plan is pretty simple: keep fighting all the way.”

Pol Espargaro, Tuenti HP40 Pons:

“I am looking forward to Malaysia – it’s a good circuit for us. We have to get there and then find out if we will be in a good position for the race. My strategy is simple: just to try to win it! When you are fighting for third or fourth you can’t get so many points back, so we have to push 100 percent, but also we need to try to be relaxed and stay cool.”

Esteve Rabat, Tuenti HP 40 Pons:

“Sepang is a circuit I really love. Overall, my season is going quite well and one good thing is that I am now comfortable when the tyres are sliding, which is especially important in the heat at Sepang. We will try to keep going in the same direction with the team – keep working and try to do our best.”

09-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Website Find Reply