Sam Lowes to join Moto2™ with Speed Up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sam Lowes to join Moto2™ with Speed Up
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
[Image: moto2.gif]

Newly-crowned Supersport World Champion Sam Lowes has reached a deal with Team Speed Up to make his World Championship debut in the Moto2™ class across the next two years.

Hailing from Lincoln in the United Kingdom, Lowes followed in the footsteps of the likes of MotoGP™’s Cal Crutchlow by picking up the Supersport title last weekend, as his Team Yakhnich Motorsports Yamaha R6 collected the crown at Magny-Cours in France. Over the season, he had achieved five race victories and four second places in 11 races. He now looks forward to his Moto2™ debut on the Speed Up SF14 machine.

"Firstly I would like to thank Luca (Boscoscuro, Team Manager) for making me feel welcome and giving me this opportunity," Lowes comments.

"I am very excited to join the Moto2™ World Championship and am very motivated and determined to be competitive and fight at the front. I am very happy to join this team as world Supersport Champion and show what myself and the team are capable of. It’s great to be coming to Moto2™ and I cannot wait to get started."

[Image: samlowesprofile.jpg]

Team Manager Luca Boscoscuro explains the arrangement with Lowes:

"I am very happy to have signed a two-year agreement with Sam, a motivated rider with great potential. I am sure that, thanks to his talent, he will succeed to adapt quickly to the new category and new tracks. I am excited to work with him and I believe that we will achieve excellent results."

Lowes is 23 years of age, having celebrated his birthday in mid-September. He had raced in the Supersport World Championship since 2009, the year of Crutchlow’s title win.

11-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Website Find Reply