Easton claims the final win to take Motorpoint British Supersport title
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton claims the final win to take Motorpoint British Supersport title
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Stuart Easton grabbed the all important victory in the final race shoot-out for the Motorpoint British Supersport crown as he finished ahead of fierce rival Alastair Seeley to take the title for the second time.

The race had been re-started after rain fell on the opening lap, and with a new race distance of 15 laps Luke Jones made the early running ahead of Richard Cooper and title chasing Seeley while Easton ran back in seventh place. But Jones ran wide on the third lap at Druids with Seeley charging through to take the lead, ahead of Cooper and Glen Richards in his final appearance at the circuit, and Seeley.

In the early stages Taylor Mackenzie, Billy McConnell and Jason O'Halloran all crashed out ending their hopes of a strong end to their season. Seeley meanwhile was consolidating his position at the front but Cooper was fighting back, closing him down while trying to head off Easton who snatched second place from him on the ninth lap and attacked Seeley for the lead.

Easton was ahead of Cooper by 0.157secs as they crossed the line after ten hard fought laps with Seeley in third but on a dramatic eleventh lap the rain intensified, Seeley pushed back in front and then Stapleford crashed at Paddock Hill Bend. The red-flags came out with the result declared and Easton was the race winner to claim the title crown for the second time.

[Image: eastonchampion2013.jpg]

Easton said:

"I never give up, I was prepared to do whatever was needed to win the the title. I though it is a case of being second or third, or winning to be champion. Go for it, even if it means crashing - win it or bin it. I'd made hard work of it for myself, like but now I have it with this tenth win."

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship - final race

1: Stuart Easton (MarTrain Yamaha)
2: Richard Cooper (Oxford TAG Triumph) +0.157s
3: Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.322s
4: Glen Richards (Smiths Triumph) +0.548s
5: Glen Irwin (CF Yamaha) +14.758s

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship - final standings

1: Stuart Easton (MarTrain Yamaha) 422
2: Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawaski) 409
3: Billy McConnell (Smiths Triumph) 327
4: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 303
5: Graeme Gowland (Appleyard Macadam Doodson Yamaha) 245