Top Rider withdraws T.T. entry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Top Rider withdraws T.T. entry
Manx Radio announced on this mornings six o'clock news that one of the Top Riders for this years T.T. has withdraw his entry from this years T.T.
The rider will give a statement on Manx Radio at 10 o'clock this morning.
20-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its Rutter
Apparently due to bad run of results lately and bad luck.
20-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Its Rutter
I'm so sorry to hear that. I think I already remarked that, even on the bike, he looked despondent on Sunday. I hope he realises just how much he will be missed.
20-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would not be surprised if there was more to come !!
20-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I Hope not! Why did you say that?
I think that if Mr Rutter feels things are not right, including his luck, then the Isle of Man is the last place to tempt providence!
Good luck Michael, see you soon.
20-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you will find that this wasn't Michael's descision.

Paul
20-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Garry means there is more to withdrawal by Michael than him not being in form? well it will all come out soon and good luck Michael.
20-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

While this is unexpected, you’ve got to consider the trouble that Renegade has endured the last few weeks.

Maybe they want to regroup with the emphasis being on MR and the BSB championship. Still, it makes me wonder………they were only going to be running MR at the TT. They run four riders at the BSB.

20-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fairly disappointed that Michael Rutter has withdrawn from the TT.

However, a contender, he probably was not going to win. Ok, he's good, nay, brilliant on the Island but there is going to be some very serious contenders on very serious machinery this year.

DJ and Ian Lougher on different teams and John McGuiness, will be the hot tips from me for the big classes. Along with Ryan Farquar and the other Irish lads.

I feel it is unlikely that MR will return to the island, what ever he says now. Hizzy never did.

Y
20-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just makes me think really if all is not well in the team. Michael is a potential race winner on the roads and short circuits. I recall a tv commentator saying recently that, had the team taken onto to much with four riders this year.
20-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Renagade set up their hospitality tent at the back of the grandstand it would fill the paddock, at Oulton Park they more or less took over the paddock.I think times have altered so much in the last few years that we seem to be running out of space in the paddocks,it only seems like yesterday when riders turned up with a transit van and tent.
20-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Agree PIKEY,all this hospitality costs a fortune,used to be get sticker put on fairing race ,bit like EVERTON to many jam sandwich eaters,will send you a card from TT.CHEERS BARNESIE.
20-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why enter if you have no intention of riding? Something must have happened for him to pull the plug. There will be plenty of other good riders there who don't have race winning machinery or have not had good results lately.
Rutter is a great name at the TT and it is a great shame he will not be lining up this year.
21-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don, I think they had every intention of going. It’s just the amount of problems they have had in the last few weeks. Ducati engines cost a few bob and I’ll guess the whole team is trying to re-group before the next round of the BSB. Don’t think Rutter pulled the pin on this, after all he could have potentially won a load of cash.
21-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey i think it all about cash its no seceret that a lot of teams are struggling?
21-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The jobs changed a lot Pykey and not for the better I feel. Wandering around the paddock with the Dromara Destroyer himself Ray McCullogh never seen so many hangers on as at the N.W. 200, the Monster Mob setup was mental, cannot see how all that is needed to win races or get good results.

It has changed a lot, in 77 when we were at it Charlie Williams had a 15cwt van 250 and 350 TZ Maxtons sponsored by myself and a TZ750 off Gerald Brown and two mechanics, lads who just took their holidays to help out. we won the 250 T.T. a proper race, six laps, and finished 2nd in the Classic (Maxton TZ350) I think Charlie put in the fastest lap ever on a 350, not sure, only beaten by Mike Grant on the works 750 Kwaker.

I did 5 solo races myself no mechanics did my own prep, helped by the daughter of the gaffer of the hotel I stayed at who was a nurse at Nobles, bike mad since she was ten year old, acted as a gofor, bike cleaner, van driver, fuel mixer and pit crew.

If any spare bods wanted to hang around our garage they were given broom or found somethig useful to do and told if they wanted hospitality to get the kettle going and make everyone a brew. Think everyone including the punters enjoyed it better then.

Can't believe some of the setups now, love to know where the money comes from. Great pity Micheal Rutter is pulling out, I am sure his dad would have been on the line regardless.

21-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for those comments Tom i know i am getting on in life? but its nice to know i am not alone in what i think,in fact sometimes i wish i could turn the clock back as even as a spectator the 60s and 70s were indeed superb.As for hangers on i think the riders know who are the genuine fans but its a fact of life when you start getting on the pace the hangers on appear.PS; Hope you have settled into your new home Tom and Margy sends her regards.
21-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, them were the days, Tom.
21-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

21-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Agostini and the mighty M.V outfit always managed to win T.Ts and world championships with a little 15cwt Fiat van and two mechs and sometimes only one and just two machines, one 350 and one 500.

I think its getting all a bit frantic now and to many hands spoil the broth.
21-05-2003, 10:02 PM