Laverty brands Melandri 'a dirty rider'
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty brands Melandri 'a dirty rider'
[Image: lavertmelandri1.jpg]

Laverty had the lead on the penultimate lap of the encounter and Melandri ran into the side of the Toomebridge man's RSV4 to go past. Laverty collected himself and then put in the pass of the season to ride round the outside of Melandri at the final left-hand hairpin to take the win.

"It is quite clear that Marco is a dirty rider and he does it intentionally. The riders don't appreciate it because it's not smart or clever. In the last laps it's not as bad but he does this on lap two or three and that's just stupid because it loses you time and it loses him time," said Laverty, speaking to bikesportnews.com's WSBK colleague Jonathan Green at Speedcity.

"I don't like racing with him and after I made that pass and arrived back in pitlane, all the Supersport riders were out applauding. They don't like to see dirty riding and I was able to come back in the last corner and put in a special move around the outside.

"When I was going through the fast rights before the last turn, I was so angry with what he had done, pushing me off the track, I knew I was going for it. I had to inside, outside or over the top of Marco. Any way, I had to get in front as I don't like it when someone tries to do something unfair. I am a fair person and I like to win fair and square.

"It was a special pass and one that gave me goosebumps when I watched it back. There is still an element of respect for Melandri because when it comes to the last lap fights, he is one of the toughest guys to beat."

Read the original article on bikesportnews.com

23-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Website Find Reply