Jessopp eyes Ulster Grand Prix debut and plans Macau return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jessopp eyes Ulster Grand Prix debut and plans Macau return
[Image: jessoplogo.jpg]

Riders BMW’s Martin Jessopp will have a pretty hectic 2014, not only will he be making his debut at the Isle of Man TT, he is also planning a return to the Macau GP and the North West 200.

As well as competing in the MCE British Superbike championship for another season, Jessopp also wants to make his first appearance at the Ulster Grand Prix.

The 28-year-old is currently prepping his bike for the start of the BSB series in a few months time, and is staying with his team from last year. Jessopp has been involved in racing for many years and wants 2014 to be the season where he tries something a bit different.

“The big announcement for me this year is that I will make my debut at the Isle of Man TT, and I am finally getting to do that. I will also be returning to BSB with BMW with some upgrades and I am getting that sorted out this winter. I will also be back at Macau and waiting to do a deal to see if I will be back at the North West 200," said Jessopp, speaking to bikesportnews.com.

“I might look at doing the Ulster Grand Prix too, so it will be an exciting year. Everyone who has done the Ulster Grand Prix has loved it, so I want to do that. I have been racing for so long and it is great to be the grand old age of 28 and to be doing something new in the sport.

“The last few years I have been speaking to Paul Philips about going to the TT and doing it, but I was team-mate’s with Michael Rutter in 2011 and saw him doing it and I knew it was for me straight away. I am going over next week to do a few laps in the car, and I can’t wait. I will be doing Superbike and Superstock at the TT too all with the Riders BMW outfit,"
said Jessopp, speaking to Bikesportnews.com

[Image: jessoptestingbmw2013.jpg]
Testing the BMW in 2013

But Jessopp wants to improve not only his road racing ambitions, but he is aiming for a top six finish in the MCE British Superbike championship too. The Brit has been involved in the series for years, and now he has a year of data under his belt with his Riders BMW team, he hopes to make a vast improvement from last year’s results.

“In BSB I want to improve from last year as 2013 was a big disaster for us, but now we have a year of data under our belt and hopefully we can get back up in BSB where I was on a Ducati a few years back. We have the same team and we want to move forward and I want to be in the top six, top seven, but it will be another tough year as it is never easy in BSB.”

Thanks to Bike Sport News for the use of this article
22-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Website Find Reply