Redding hails ‘good’ first day with Gresini
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding hails ‘good’ first day with Gresini
[Image: reddingatsepangtest1.jpg]

Scott Redding was pleased with his first day of this week’s MotoGP™ test, as the field gathered in Malaysia for the first time in 2014.

Englishman Redding steps up to the premier class with GO&FUN Honda Gresini, riding the all-new Honda RCV1000R customer bike under Open regulations. This differs to the RC213V of team-mate Alvaro Bautista, whose own machine is competing under the Factory Option set of rules.

"This first day of testing was good," Redding confirmed, having now fully recovered from the broken wrist he sustained at Phillip Island last year. "I was really happy to ride again at full strength, without physical problems, although it was hard for me to ride all day because of the weather conditions.

"The bike was working well, I like riding it, but we need to improve on the electronic and braking. Tomorrow we will focus on setup, in order to make the bike turn better."

Redding ended Day 1 in 21st position, while the leading Honda RCV1000R was that of Drive M7 Aspar’s Nicky Hayden; the American was 17th, 1.1 seconds quicker.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
04-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Website Find Reply