Another step forward for Scott in Malaysia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Another step forward for Scott in Malaysia
[Image: scottreddinglogo.jpg]

Scott Redding successfully completed the third and final day of testing at Sepang, aboard the Honda RCV1000R that he will campaign in Team GO&FUN Honda Gresini colours in this year’s MotoGP World Championship.

The 21-year-old Briton continued his familiarisation with the MotoGP bike, collecting valuable data in the process for the next test at Sepang later this month.

Scott completed 60 laps of the 5.58km Sepang circuit today, setting his best time of the three-day test, despite unpredictable track conditions due to the extreme temperatures in Malaysia.

Scott will return to action at Sepang for the three-day test scheduled on 26th, 27th and 28th of February, when he will focus once again on refining set-up and dialling in the traction control on his Honda RCV1000R.

[Image: scottreddingsepangtest1.jpg]

Scott Redding // 2'02.833 // 60 Laps

“Today I was able to take another step forward: I am now learning how to slide the bike, to get it turned on exit and, in general, I felt more at ease while riding. Unfortunately, the difficult track conditions in the afternoon didn’t allow me to improve my lap time as much as I was hoping to but, overall, I’m happy with how my first real test with the team has gone. Later this month we will return to Sepang for three more days of testing, during which we will continue to work on suspension set-up and refining the electronic system on the bike, in particular the traction control.”

07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Website Find Reply