John Burrows and Cookstown join forces for fourth season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
John Burrows and Cookstown join forces for fourth season
[Image: burrowsandkneenpromo1.jpg]

Dungannon race team owner John Burrows will run his machines under the Cookstown/BE Racing banner for the fourth successive year in 2014.

Burrows, who retired from the sport in 2012 to focus on managing his own outfit, has signed highly-rated Manxman Dan Kneen this season, while Michael Sweeney from Skerries will ride the team’s 250GP Honda.

Burrows said:

“It’s a great fillip for my team to have such an internationally renowned company such as Cookstown backing us once again. My team is obviously doing things the right way to keep them onboard.

“With Cookstown’s help, Burrows Racing has been successful during the last three seasons and I’m confident that with their support, and Dan Kneen and Michael Sweeney steering the bikes, more success is around the corner in 2014.

“I’d like to thank Cookstown for their renewed investment in my team, it’s an investment which is also a glowing recommendation for the whole sport of road racing,”
he added.

“I’d also like to thank the team’s new supporters Marks Bloom Chartered Accountants, motorcycle parts distributors Wemoto and Hill Contracts.”

Braddan man Kneen has brought his loyal backers Marks Bloom Chartered Accountants to Burrows’ team and will ride Suzuki machines in the Superbike and Superstock classes plus a Supersport Honda and a 650cc Kawasaki ER6.

Both Kneen and Sweeney have been confirmed for the Around-A-Pound Tandragee 100 road races in Co Armagh on Saturday, May 3.

Kneen will be making his debut at the event and plans to contest a number of the Irish national meetings this season in addition to the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.

Ryan Farquhar and Keith Amor will also compete at Tandragee in the Supertwin class on the KMR Kawasaki machines along with young Cheshire rider Connor Behan.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
24-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Website Find Reply