FFX Yamaha set for on track debut with pre-season testing in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FFX Yamaha set for on track debut with pre-season testing in Spain
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The 2014 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season starts on track this week for the FFX Yamaha team as Ian Hutchinson and Andy Reid begin their pre-season preparations at Cartagena in Spain.

The team unveiled the 2014 Superbike at the FFX Tool Show last month and are now eager to get their season underway with three productive days on circuit alongside several of the MCE BSB contenders as they prepare for their debut season. Hutchinson will be back onboard the Yamaha for the first time since his incredible Macau GP race win last November as the record-breaking TT race winner gets set for his first full MCE BSB campaign.

Northern Ireland's Reid joins Hutchinson at Cartagena as the young protagonist gears up for his debut with the FFX Yamaha team as they aim to start the Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship in the strongest possible position next month.

[Image: hutchypromomarch.jpg]

Hutchinson said:

"I am looking forward to the track time, because I obviously haven't ridden since Macau and I miss it. The time in Spain will give us a great opportunity to work together for the first time this season and give us a real idea of where we are and what we need to achieve before the first round at Brands Hatch. Personally, I am feeling a lot stronger than I did when I won at Macau so I can't wait to get back into it. I visited the workshop last week and everything is looking good; we are ready to go!"

Reid added:

"I am pretty excited to get cracking now as I haven't ridden a bike since the end of last season and I am busting to just get out there and get on with the job. I am interested to see how the Superstock bike feels compared to what I have previously ridden as it will be all new to me but I am going to just take it step by step. I have ridden at Cartagena before, so that is a start although it did end up with an injury, but I can't wait as it will be a completely new experience all round."

04-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply