Pedrosa second as Phillip Island test ends
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pedrosa second as Phillip Island test ends
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa completed the three day tyre test at Phillip Island in second place.

After a demanding six days of track time in the past eight days Pedrosa will now recover and prepare physically for the start of the season at Qatar in a fortnight’s time.

The Honda man waited until midday to go out on track on Wednesday, as light rain threatened the cliff top circuit. Fortunately, heavy rain never came and he was able to follow Bridgestone’s schedule.

Pedrosa recorded his fastest time of 1’29.458 on lap 18 and ended his day with a longer run of 14 laps, taking his total for the day to 32, and over the three days to 178 laps.

[Image: pedrosaPImarch.jpg]
Dani Pedrosa - Copyright Bruno Silverii

"Overall, this has been a positive three days," he reflected. "Today we tried to do another 20-lap race simulation with the second best tyre that we had. I didn't fully complete it, only managing 14 laps, because after so many days riding I had some neck ache. In any case, generally speaking it was a test that went well."

"We have enough data gathered not only for Bridgestone, but also for ourselves, so I think that it has been positive and now we shall try to rest up a bit. It's all about continuing our training now, with the first race in Qatar on the horizon."

The next time Pedrosa will be on track, he will be rejoined by his teammate Marc Marquez, for the first practice session of the season opening Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar, on Thursday 20th March.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 12:04 PM by Malcolm.)
05-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply