Dall’Igna ‘very happy’ with Ducati progress
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dall’Igna ‘very happy’ with Ducati progress
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Gigi Dall’Igna has expressed his contentment with Ducati Team’s first pre-season test following the decision to go ‘Open’ for the 2014 season.

Although the Phillip Island programme of Monday to Wednesday was tyre-focused, as Factory riders worked alongside Bridgestone, Dall’Igna is also pleased with the general advancements of the team.

"For sure, there are some options that are quite good for the race," the General Manager of Ducati Corse began of the tyres. "The lap times were good in comparison with last year’s tyre and also the race simulations we did gave us some really good results and the tyres have no problems. I think Bridgestone have done a good job.

"We have just focused on the tyres. For sure, we have to confirm here the good results we had at Sepang. I am really happy because Sepang and Phillip Island are two completely different tracks and the bike seems quite good at the moment on both of them. I am quite happy. We have to improve the bike a lot to reach our competitors but, anyway, we are on the right track."

[Image: crutchlowPImarch2.jpg]
Cal Crutchlow - Copyright Bruno Silverii

Testing will resume on Friday in Qatar, where Ducati will continue working with its Open machines with Pramac Racing’s Andrea Iannone and Yonny Hernandez. The Italian will arguably have the more important of development tasks for the marque in general, as he will be riding the sole GP14 on which he can use the softer available tyre for further development before Round 1.

05-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Website Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Dall’Igna ‘very happy’ with Ducati progress
(05-03-2014, 12:03 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Gigi Dall’Igna has expressed his contentment with Ducati Team’s first pre-season test following the decision to go ‘Open’ for the 2014 season.

Although the Phillip Island programme of Monday to Wednesday was tyre-focused, as Factory riders worked alongside Bridgestone, Dall’Igna is also pleased with the general advancements of the team.

"For sure, there are some options that are quite good for the race," the General Manager of Ducati Corse began of the tyres. "The lap times were good in comparison with last year’s tyre and also the race simulations we did gave us some really good results and the tyres have no problems. I think Bridgestone have done a good job.

"We have just focused on the tyres. For sure, we have to confirm here the good results we had at Sepang. I am really happy because Sepang and Phillip Island are two completely different tracks and the bike seems quite good at the moment on both of them. I am quite happy. We have to improve the bike a lot to reach our competitors but, anyway, we are on the right track."

[Image: crutchlowPImarch2.jpg]
Cal Crutchlow - Copyright Bruno Silverii

Testing will resume on Friday in Qatar, where Ducati will continue working with its Open machines with Pramac Racing’s Andrea Iannone and Yonny Hernandez. The Italian will arguably have the more important of development tasks for the marque in general, as he will be riding the sole GP14 on which he can use the softer available tyre for further development before Round 1.

Good to see Crutchlow is getting the laps in, and doing ok, also Rossi seems to be going well.

05-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Find Reply