Smith gives positive assessment of winter test period
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Smith gives positive assessment of winter test period
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Bradley Smith completed a successful preseason at the Losail Circuit on Sunday, having worked diligently throughout the winter in preparation for the first race of his second premier class campaign.

Smith explored different set-up options on his Yamaha YZR-M1 across the testing period, and left the Qatar track feeling confident having posted the third best overall time.

Finalising some small changes to the geometry of his MotoGP bike as well as running race simulations on Sunday, Smith had a light crash at the beginning of his long run in the latter stages of the session. The young British rider was uninjured and completed 55 laps in total.

“Overall, I am really pleased with how the winter went for us,” he said. We decided to do a race simulation at 10pm on Sunday, which we thought was the best time to compare to a race weekend. We made some alterations midway through and I was able to go out again with the same tyres in the final fifteen minutes. I am feeling happy with what was achieved here and this means that we are definitely hitting the ground running.”

Smith added, “The next step is just some slight fine tuning. The desert is always a bit unpredictable but we are prepared. We have done a lot of very good laps, and I am really excited for round one.”

[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]
10-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Website Find Reply