Hutchinson hails positive start with FFX Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson hails positive start with FFX Yamaha
[Image: hutchytestingmarch1.jpg]

TT record-breaker Ian Hutchinson has completed his first pre-season tests with the FFX Yamaha team at Cartagena and Alcarras in Spain as he continues his preparations for his return to the MCE British Superbike Championship.

Hutchinson's last appearance was back in November when he celebrated a winning performance at the Macau Grand Prix but he quickly got up to speed on his first appearance onboard the FFX Yamaha. The team's Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship contender Andy Reid also had a positive debut as the Northern Irishman quickly settled into the team ahead of his first full season in the 600cc class.

Hutchinson said:

"It has been really good to get back on the bike after the winter as the last time I rode was at Macau last November. I just focused on doing my own thing at the tests but we have really done some mileage; at Alcarras alone I did 80 laps on the first day and then 60 laps on the second. I am still learning a lot about the Superbike and being back on the circuits but it has been really good. I am looking forward now to getting back on one of the BSB circuits for another test as that will have a bit more relevance so we can keep moving forward. We have had a good start and now the team can evaluate what we have learnt in Spain and see how we can build on that back home."

Reid said:

"I'm very happy with how our first test has gone; we have made progress every session and tried a lot of different things out. I was learning a brand new bike, but I am feeling comfortable and confident not only with my riding but with my team environment. I am looking forward to the next test ready for Brands Hatch."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
12-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Website Find Reply