Lowes still in pain ahead of Moto2 debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes still in pain ahead of Moto2 debut
[Image: samlowestesting1.jpg]

Britain’s Sam Lowes is still experiencing some pain in his wrist right after tendonitis struck during the last Moto2 test at Jerez but says that there is not a lot he can do about and will simply carry on.

The reigning World Supersport Champion missed the last two days of testing before this weekend’s Qatar opener but has rested and iced the wrist before jumping on a plane to make his debut in the class.

“It’s not perfect but it only hurts when I open the throttle, there’s no problem under brakes. I have rested it and put lots of ice on it, so I will go to the Clinica tomorrow and see what more we can do,” said Lowes, speaking to bikesportnews.com from Heathrow.

Lowes is still mightily confident that he can run at the front of the new class, despite having to learn new tyres and a chassis that is so much more adjustable than the Yamaha ge rode last year.

“I am definitely going to be fighting for podiums and I want to be on that top step as fast as possible. I am a lot more confident of that now than I was earlier in the year. In this class, every chassis is capable of winning and I am sure that if I get the best out of it and my team, we can win.

“The difference in terms of adjustments between this bike and the World Supersport bike is something that I have had to get used to. It’s quite a lot different, but in a good way. In the past, I have just ridden around problems but now I’m finding out we can fix them. I just need to keep learning.

“The biggest thing at the minute is understanding the tyres. My race pace is mega, but I need to understand how they work on a full fuel load and where the grip is.

“The Dunlops are quite a lot different. The Pirellis were fast for four laps then there was a noticeable drop while with the Dunlops I am doing my fastest laps with 22–23 laps on the tyre, which is good, but it means I am not getting the best out of them at the start.”

[Image: eurosportnewslogosmall.jpg]
19-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Website Find Reply