Robbin Harms joins ILR Kawasaki for 2014 Superstock 1000 challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Robbin Harms joins ILR Kawasaki for 2014 Superstock 1000 challenge
[Image: loughernewlogo.jpg]

ILR Kawasaki are delighted to have acquired the services of talented Danish rider Robbin Harms for the 2014 Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship season.

Coming from a country where there is no tradition or culture for road racing, Harms describes himself as a 'self-made man' - he believes in making his own success.

By his own admission he has had no-one inside road racing at his level to really guide or advise him in the past, relying instead on the support of his family.

All that is about to change as he comes under the guidance of team manager Ian Lougher at ILR Kawasaki.

The 32 year old comes with a race proven pedigree having honed his skills at MotoGP, Danish, German, Spanish, Italian, European and World Championship level and has even ran his own top privateer team.

Racing from the age of 4 in motocross, in the mid-late 90's Harms had the distinction of being the youngest ever rider (at that time) to compete in the European Championships.

He spent seven years competing successfully in the World Supersport Championship, notching up top five finishes in every season and also finishing on the podium on a number of occasions, two of which were in the UK.

In 2012 he joined the Bimota Moto2 project and presented the Italian manufacturer with their first victory in twelve years when he won the second round of the Italian Moto2 Championship in atrocious conditions at Imola.

[Image: RobbinHarmsprofile.jpg]

Harms is also no stranger to UK race circuits.

In the latter part of the 2012 season he raced for the Tom Tunstall/Doodson Motorsport team in the British Superbike Championship, securing the first points for the team in the Donington Park round and registering points finishes in the remaining three rounds at Assen, Silverstone and Brands Hatch respectively, including a ninth place finish on what was a 2010 bike.

Last year Robbin again joined forces with Doodson Motorsport in British Superbikes but, despite a fine seventh place finish at Snetterton, a combination of uncompetitive equipment and bad luck plaqued his season which was brought to a premature conclusion when he was involved in a crash caused by another rider, which resulted in a multiple wrist fracture.

Thanks to intense training and professional treatment, Robbin's wrist is now back to full strength and he returns to the BSB paddock determined to leave his mark.

He will get every opportunity and support to do so with ILR Kawasaki.

Robbin Harms:

''I am pleased to join ILR Kawasaki in Superstock 1000 just a few weeks before the season starts. Last season was tough to sit out with a wrist injury so I am really looking forward to racing in the UK again.

Ian Lougher has a strong team and knowledge which is something that can improve my chances to join BSB again.''

ILR Kawasaki team manager Ian Lougher:

''I am delighted to obtain the services of Danish rider Robbin Harms for a full campaign in the BSB Superstock 1000 Championship.

Robbin has a lot of experience on both two and four stroke machines, having started in 125cc Grand Prix before moving on to the World Supersport Championships, Moto 2 and BSB Superbikes.

He brings with him a wealth of knowledge, professional attitude and sheer speed.

He knows all the UK tracks now, so I think he could surprise a lot of people in this Championship in 2014.''

22-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply