Jamie Hamilton confirmed for Tandragee 100 for Wilson Craig Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton confirmed for Tandragee 100 for Wilson Craig Racing
[Image: JamieHamiltonsigns.jpg]

Jamie Hamilton has been confirmed for the Around a Pound Tandragee 100 road races on Wilson Craig’s Hondas.

Hamilton will ride Craig’s CBR1000RR Fireblade Superbike and 600cc Supersport machines and is also entered in the Supertwin class on a Kawasaki ER6 for Robbie Silvester’s VRS Racing team.

The 23-year-old told the News Letter that although his ultimate priority is to familiarise himself with Craig’s Hondas before the international season blasts off at the Vauxhall International North West 200, he won’t be going to Tandragee on May 3 simply to make up the numbers.

“The main thing for me is to get as much time on the bikes as I can before the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT,” said Hamilton.

“Wilson was keen for me to go to Tandragee and that suits me fine because I enjoy riding at the event; I just leave it up to Wilson to decide where we go and I’m happy to go with the flow.

“At the minute I’m not sure whether we’ll be doing the first road race at the Cookstown 100 but we’ll be at Tandragee for definite and I’m looking forward to it,”
he added.

“I’m on top class bikes now and it’s a matter of seeing how quickly I can get used to riding a Honda.”

The entry at Tandragee also includes KMR Kawasaki riders Ryan Farquhar, Keith Amor and Connor Behan.

Farquhar will ride in the Supertwin class and also plans an outing on Roger Winfield’s Paton as a tune-up for the Classic TT, while Scottish star Amor may also ride his own 600cc Honda in addition to Farquhar’s Kawasaki ER6.

Hamilton added: “I expect to improve on what I did last year but I hear Keith Amor might be riding a 600 as well, so it could get interesting.

“I struggled with arm pump at Tandragee last year but I’m fitter this year than I have been since I won the British title [Superstock 600] in 2009 and hopefully that will make a difference.”

Hamilton could have his first outing on the Craig Honda machines at the Easter short circuit events at Bishopscourt and Kirkistown in April.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
26-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Website Find Reply