Kiyonari, Dunlop make Buildbase BMW debut alongside Westmoreland
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari, Dunlop make Buildbase BMW debut alongside Westmoreland
[Image: buildbasehdr.jpg]

Buildbase BMW made their much anticipated debut of their full 2014 line up at Mallory Park yesterday (Wednesday) as triple MCE British Superbike title winner Ryuichi Kiyonari, multiple TT race-winner Michael Dunlop and James Westmoreland continued their build up to the Brands Hatch opener.

Kiyonari made the dramatic switch to the team over the winter and had his first shakedown test ready for his Brands Hatch race debut at Easter. The test also marked Dunlop's first appearance with the team as he prepares for his full road race campaign and the opening two rounds of MCE BSB at Brands Hatch and Oulton Park. Westmoreland meanwhile continued his progress from his previous shakedown as the team now prepare for the official tests at Donington Park and Snetterton ahead of the opening round.

Kiyonari said:

"I was happy to be back out on track and the feeling I had with the BMW was good. We did have some dry time on the bike and had three sessions, but I want to go to Donington Park to do some more laps now! The bike feels good already, the power delivery is different, but I was happy and it was exciting to test the BMW. I want to go to Donington Park now, everyone we race will be there too, but I know we have now worked together on track so we can improve ready for Brands Hatch."

[Image: kiyotesting2014.jpg]

Westmoreland said:

"We didn't have ideal conditions but it did give us the chance to work on the chassis settings which is something we haven't had time to do at events last year so that was a really positive thing for us. I am happy that we can go to Donington Park now and be ready to join the other teams."

[Image: mdunloptesting2014.jpg]

Dunlop said:

"It was good to have a run out for sure. The last time I was at Mallory Park was in 2005 so I just wanted to get out on the BMW and do as yesterday was my first time on the bike. It was good as all three of us were there and could compare. The Donington Park test is next and is a faster circuit so that should suit me well and all being well we can get some good laps in ready for Brands Hatch.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

27-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Website Find Reply