BSB star Josh Brookes set to wow fans at Cookstown 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BSB star Josh Brookes set to wow fans at Cookstown 100
[Image: joshbrookestesting.jpg]
Josh Brookes on the Milwaukee Yamaha during pre-season testing in Spain

MCE British Superbike and international road racing star Josh Brookes is set to treat fans to a number of demonstration laps on the Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1 Superbike at April’s KDM Hire Cookstown 100.

The Australian rider’s appearance at the Co Tyrone meeting on Saturday, April 26 is a feather in the cap of the event organisers, who have already put together an impressive line-up for the traditional curtain-raiser to the Irish national roads season.

New Tyco Suzuki signing William Dunlop will fly the flag for Moneymore team TAS Racing in the absence of Guy Martin, who misses the event to compete at the Bol d’Or 24-Hour race, while seven-time Isle of Man TT winner Michael Dunlop is poised to have his first road race outing on a BMW S1000RR on the 2.1-mile Orritor course, where he won the Open and feature Superbike races in 2013.

Dunlop completed a test on the BMW at Mallory Park this week before travelling back to Belfast for the world premiere of a new film documentary focusing on the extraordinary story of his famous racing family, which is narrated by Liam Neeson.

New South Wales man Brookes made his roads’ bow to great acclaim last year, when he became the fastest ever newcomer in the history of the Isle of Man TT races with a lap at 127.726mph.

The 30-year-old, who will return to the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May plus the TT, bases himself in Northern Ireland throughout the season.

Brookes has switched camps to Shaun Muir’s Milwaukee Yamaha outfit this year after a long association with TAS Racing but enjoys life so much in Ulster that he had no hesitation in setting up home here again in 2014.

“I may be in an English-based team this season in Milwaukee Yamaha, but I still reside in Northern Ireland during the racing season as I really enjoy the laid-back lifestyle.

“I’m really looking forward to getting a chance to ride the circuit, even though I won’t be racing. It’ll be nice to give a wave or two to my local supporters and let them see me in my new Milwaukee leathers and bike before the North West 200,”
added Brookes, who has been an interested spectator at the Cookstown 100 in the past.

“Hopefully the fans that don’t get to see us in British Superbikes will come and say hello on the day, and I may even do the odd wheelie or two.”

Brookes will be available to meet fans and sign autographs in the main paddock at Cookstown.

Milwaukee Yamaha will also offer fans the chance to win two VIP Hospitality tickets for the NW200 on May 17, with all proceeds going towards Northern Ireland Chest, Heart & Stroke.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
28-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Website Find Reply