North West 200: Josh Brookes targets top three finish in 2014
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
North West 200: Josh Brookes targets top three finish in 2014
[Image: nw200logo2014.jpg]

Josh Brookes says he wants to mark his second appearance at the North West 200 road races by standing on the rostrum.

The Australian will ride in six races this year, competing on Superbike, Superstock and Supersport machinery for the Milwaukee Yamaha team.

"I believe a good result is possible and I certainly want to try and achieve a podium this year," said Brookes.

"A win is certainly possible but it's not something I want to really push for," added the British Superbike ace.

[Image: joshbrookesheadshot3.jpg]

Brookes finished seventh in Thursday night's Superstock event in Tyco TAS Suzuki colours on his debut over the Triangle circuit last year, but heavy rain prevented him from improving that position in any of Saturday's races.

"I thoroughly enjoyed it and we were going really well - I felt that with more races I could have improved even more.

"My first ever experience on the roads was at the North West 200 and a lot of it was a learning process.

"I felt quite a bit of pressure and nervous energy as there was a lot of attention on me as a top circuit racer coming to race on the roads for the first time.

"It was a new thing for me and it was rewarding - I just wanted more of it.

"If I can learn the track a bit more, the conditions the bike can run under at the event and tailor my riding style to suit, then good results are possible."

After the North West, Brookes and Yamaha team-mate Ian Hutchinson will move on to compete at the Isle of Man TT.

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Website Find Reply