Milwaukee Yamaha complete pre-season testing programme at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha complete pre-season testing programme at Donington Park
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team completed their pre-season test programme at Donington Park with both Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell now gearing up for the opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this Easter.

Brookes continued to prove his potential with the Milwaukee Yamaha, setting the second fastest time and lapping within the circuit record at the Leicestershire circuit whilst Bridewell ended sixth on the timesheets. The pairing are now eager to get the season underway in just over a weeks’ time at Brands Hatch in Kent.

[Image: milwaukeetestdonny.jpg]

Brookes said:

“The test at Donington Park was good for us. The first session we got out on track was later in the day and we had a good run and I just got on with riding the Milwaukee Yamaha. We didn’t get it perfect in the two sessions we had but the pace we were able to set with it being my first time on the bike at Donington was pleasing. You can never gauge the track conditions before you arrive at the circuit and with the conditions how they were I expected to do some good lap times, but to better my previous best at the first test means we are in a good range.”

Bridewell said:

“Donington Park to be honest wasn’t the best test for me, but in the end we know that the Milwaukee Yamaha was working well and I was comfortable riding it. The setting that we ended the test with wasn’t a million miles away but we still have some things to change before Brands Hatch. At Donington Park I was not riding to anywhere near my full ability and we came away sixth, so that wasn’t too bad and we will be ready to come out fighting at Brands Hatch.”

08-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Website Find Reply