Crutchlow optimism raised by Jerez test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow optimism raised by Jerez test
[Image: calcrutchlowonducati35.jpg]

Ducati Team heads to Circuit of the Americas this weekend following a two-day test session in Jerez since the Qatar Grand Prix. In the case of Cal Crutchlow, the Englishman is positive about more encouraging results.

Although he may have been struck by technical problems during the season-opening race at Losail three weekends ago, Crutchlow was still able to finish sixth behind team-mate Andrea Dovizioso. Since then, in spite of poor weather conditions, both riders confirmed that there were no more electrical problems during last week’s test.

“We are looking forward to the race at Austin, because it was a track I did well at last year,” Crutchlow says, having finished fourth in last year’s inaugural Grand Prix of the Americas while riding for Monster Yamaha Tech 3.

“I’d never even tested there and we finished strong with a fourth place, so I’m really looking forward to riding the GP14 on this track. The guys worked 100% in Qatar after my crashes - I gave them a little bit of work to do! It was disappointing because of the electronics problem, but it was good that we finished the race in sixth.”

Elsewhere, team-mate Dovizioso finished the Qatar event in fifth place which means that the Italian has already equaled his best dry weather race result of 2013.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
08-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Website Find Reply