Unregistered

results
where are the results?
31-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: results
This really is totally unacceptable.

I too have been scouring the web for the full results and they don't appear to be available anywhere.

This is presumably (although I stand to be corrected) related to the 'transponder fiasco' which has produced nonsensical information all week, and today managed to lose John Mcguiness when he was clearly dicing for the lead.

How on earth have the organisers contracted with people who have failed totally to provide anything approaching a satisfactory service.

I hope the DTL have a sufficiently water tight agreement that means we (the Manx Taxpayer) aren't actually paying out cash for this mess.

One for MHK to ask in a couple of weeks perhaps (are you reading this Adrian ??)

01-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldn't find practice times for 2003, plenty for last year though! It'd be nice to have times and reports allin the same place. No sites have up to date news for 2003. Last year's internet coverage was a lot better, a lot of links still point to last years stuff, it was that good!!!
01-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are the results from Australia:

First Adrian Archibald
Second Ian Lougher
Third John McGuinness
Fourth Jason Griffith
Fifth Ryan Farquhar
Sixth Shaun Harris

Stop whinging! There was a backup system and everyone was aware of that. The guys on Radio TT did a great and positive job, many thanks. We all look forward to the problem being resolved. Remember it is 37miles around and 60 odd riders and six timing points and I bet the techies haven't got NASA funding.
Enjoy the rest of the TT week!
01-06-2003, 01:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

C'mon Don -- Poms ALWAYS whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don,

What do you mean stop whinging?

Have you thought of the possibility that people are trying to get info about riders outside the top 6? Such as their mates????

I agree that it's not as good as last year, but a list of finishers on the official website is surely the minimum rerquirement?

Sam
01-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: results - whinging ozzies
In my experience (3 visits to oz & 1 to NZ) its actually the ozzies that are always whinging like a bunch of old women. Ive never met such a bunch of miserable old/young gits. The exception to this is Jan Grainger who I met last year -your lovely Jan & and not whingy at all!! They say that attack is the best form of defence and this is spot on where Ozzies are concerned i.e-"lets all say that the Brits are a miserable bunch of whinging t*****s that way no one will notice its actually us that moan non stop !!!
01-06-2003, 02:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Sam, I know it is tough for all of us, even the ones who have to stay up all night because we were sentenced to live in the colonies.
But we love the Poms really.
Did you know we can always tell a when a British Airways jet arrives a Sydney airport because the whining continues even after the engines are switched off!!
01-06-2003, 04:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don,

Greetings from Sydney.

I also was up all night, I got online to radio TT at about 7pm to ensure I would get a feed and then checked it periodically till the races started, I nearly had a heart attack when it dropped out after the first lap. Thankfully I got it back and was able to listen to the rest of the race. Live internet radio feed is a marvelous thing. It's the first TT I've missed in 10 yrs and is my only major misgiving about being in Aus.

Best Wishes

Sam

01-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Clearly your concept of the 'results' and mine are rather different, but I'm only basing that expectation around what has been the norm for the last 5 or 6 years, when the timekeepers were using stopwatches, pencils and clothes pegs.

There were approx 35 finishers in the F1 yesterday and so far we have no information at all on 80% of them.

Back in 1998 the speed and completeness of coverage was much better, so the ACU and DTL have taken us backwards, and probably at high financial cost.

Believe me, I really hope they get this mess sorted for the rest of the week, but performance to date doesn't instill much confidence.

Incidentally, BBC1 Ceefax is showing the Lap 5 leaderboard as the result, with Richard Britton 'finishing' fifth. Now I'm not going to suggest this is related to the same problem, but...........

This is not whinging, this technology is clearly the way forward, but it is not acceptable to put the whole results and information service in the hands of people who clearly can't deliver, period !!

01-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think results mean getting more than the 1st three? could anyone tell me a site which gives the results of all the riders including the sidecars?
01-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidenet.co.uk have the Sidecar Results. Sideforce.co.uk have results and race report.
01-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS Sideforce address is <A HREF="http://66.246.11.34/~sideforc/nuke6/index.php">http://66.246.11.34/~sideforc/nuke6/index.php</A>

Sidenet now also have race report.

01-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Diana i should have known better.
01-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

after being with Shaun Harris at TT2000 and 2002 I couln't make it this year, transponder probs or not I do like to know the full results.
01-06-2003, 10:29 PM